TNA access opportunities
ACTRIS-2 offers free of charge access to 18 observational facilities to:
- Comprehensive measurement programmes using state-of-the art equipment and expertise within any of the ACTRIS domains:
Aerosol vertical profiles, near-surface aerosol properties, trace gases, cloud-aerosol observations.
- Scientific measurement campaigns, calibration and intercomparisons, instrument testing, data analysis.
- High level of services and support to users incl. training to young scientists and new users.
TNA is open to all external users, including users from SMEs and users from outside Europe and is offered to selected user groups. Users refer to any scientific researcher, student, engineer, technician who needs the support of an observational platform to carry out a scientific project in the ACTRIS-2 context.
TNA may be requested to any of the 18 observational facilities. The support to users include:
- Free access to and use of the experimental platform:
Observation infrastructure, instrumentation, data from permanent instruments, additional workspace to bring and use own instruments (limitations may apply due to local procedures and safety regulations)
- Scientific and technical support:
E.g., alignement of access and integration into station operation, necessary preparatory work and installation, specific training to use facility and instruments or supervision if required, participation in routine measurements and specific campaigns, planning, etc.
- Administrative and logistic support (customs, travel, accommodation)
To apply, go to Apply for TNA for more information.
TNA proposals are verified by the coordination office for formal compliance with the EU regulations (eligibility criteria) and are then transmitted to the independent selection panel for peer-review based on scientific merit.
TNA will be provided to selected user groups (teams of one or more researchers) led by user user group leader (PI). To be eligible, the following conditions apply:
- The TNA project PI and the majority of the users must work in a country other than the country(ies) where the installation is located. TNA for user groups with a majority of users not working in a EU or associated country is possible (limits may apply).
- Only user groups that are allowed to disseminate the results they have generated under the action may benefit from the access, unless the users are working for SMEs.
To facilitate TNA, the users may benefit from a contribution to travel and subsistence (T&S) costs. The financial support is offered on request only and jointly decided following proposal evaluation. It is furthermore dependent on the availability of funding from the European Commission.
If financial support will be awarded, the reimbursement of the grant will be made through the host institution in charge of the observational facility and commits the selected users to provide all mandatory TNA reporting documents.