When to apply
The call for TNA is open and continuous. Proposals are accepted from any eligible researcher or research team. Specific calls with defined deadlines to selected infrastructures will be issued, the specific calls will be widely announced.
The user groups must request access by submitting TNA proposal.
- Return the completed form by to the Coordination Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org at least 6 weeks before the planned project start (or before the relevant deadline indicated in the case of a specific call).
Evaluation and selection criteria
TNA proposals are verified by the Coordination Office for formal compliance with the EU regulations (eligibility criteria) and are then evaluated for scientific merit by a TNA selection panel. The selection panel is composed of international members having strong expertise in the specific ACTRIS-2 discipline. A minimum of 3 reviewers are considered for final acceptation of each proposal.
The proposals are selected with respect to the following criteria:
- Scientific quality/originality, innovation aspects, impact (60%)
- Priority to new users (20%)
- Young scientist and female participation (20%).
- Particular efforts are made to promote scientific excellence in less-favoured regions in Central and Eastern Europe or beyond.
The Coordination Office informs the applicants of the final decision and financial support allocated. Upon acceptation, the TNA PI is invited to contact the access provider to organize the access.
The PI is requested to provide all mandatory TNA reporting documents within a reasonable time frame after the TNA has come to end to the Coordination office including the following documents:
- Confirmation of access justifying the quantity of access provided
- TNA user report
- Scientific activity report.
Additionally, any results from work carried out under the ACTRIS-2 TNA activity (e.g., publications, conference contributions) must be reporting to the Coordination office and must acknowledge the project and support of the European Community as follows:
“This [infrastructure] [insert type of result] is part of a project that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 654109.”
Furthermore, users are encouraged to make data resulting from TNA available via the ACTRIS Data Centre.